Melatonin 5mg - 2 Sizes Available
5MG PER SUBLINGUAL TABLET - DISSOLVES QUICKLY UNDERNEATH YOUR TONGUE.
USES & BENEFITS
- Addresses occasional sleep disturbances including difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, and waking too early
- Re-establishes a normal circadian sleep rhythm in anyone suffering from disrupted sleep patterns due to jet lag, shift work, or delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS)
- Helps with insomnia caused by age-related declines in melatonin in the elderly
- Stronger dose for individuals who require more than the standard 3 mg of melatonin
Melatonin works with the body’s natural cycles to safely and effectively reset your “biological clock”, helping you fall asleep faster, increasing the quality and duration of sleep, supporting REM sleep, and reducing daytime fatigue. Natural Factors Melatonin, from non-animal sources, comes in a sublingual tablet to ensure fast, consistent absorption.
Many adults experience frequent or occasional sleep disturbance, including difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking too early. The most popular natural health product taken for sleep is melatonin because it is effective and non-habit forming.
Melatonin is the body’s own natural sleep hormone, produced in the brain in the pineal gland each evening when darkness falls. It is part of the “biological clock” that produces the circadian rhythm and prepares the body for sleep. But the natural rhythm of this clock can be disrupted, resulting in difficulty sleeping.
Research shows that taking a melatonin supplement 30–90 minutes before bedtime temporarily resets the biological clock, reduces the time it takes to fall asleep, improves sleep quality, increases total sleep time in people with an altered sleep schedule (e.g., shift work or jet lag), and reduces daytime fatigue associated with jet lag. Unlike pharmaceutical sleeping pills, which can disrupt the critical REM stage of sleep, melatonin supports REM sleep.
Safe and effective Natural Factors Melatonin is made from non-animal sources. The sublingual tablets ensure fast, consistent absorption and are available in four strengths to provide the right dose for your needs. Sleep is very important. If you have a serious sleep disorder, consult a health care practitioner.
- Use between late afternoon and bedtime.
- Melatonin plays an important role in the induction of sleep.
- Several double-blind trials have shown melatonin supplementation to be very effective in promoting sleep.
- Low melatonin secretion at night are thought to be an extremely common cause of insomnia in the elderly, while in younger individuals this is less of a factor.
- Melatonin may help shift workers adjust to new sleep patterns when shifts are changing.
- Use during and for 5 days after travel that crosses time lines.
- Several double-blind studies have shown 3 to 5 mg of melatonin to be very effective in relieving jet lag.
- Melatonin supplementation may improve SAD because it not only increases brain melatonin levels, but also because it may suppress cortisol secretion.
Melatonin (non-animal source) .................................... 5 mg
Children: Not suitable for use in children unless specifically recommended and monitored by a health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: As the effects of melatonin during pregnancy and lactation have not been sufficiently evaluated, it should not be used during these times.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.