Ultimate Maca Energy™ 6:1 Concentrate Capsules - Multiple Sizes Available
NOTE: BONUS BOTTLES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AT SELECT TIMES, WHILE QUANTITIES LAST. PLEASE CALL AHEAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THERE IS STOCK AVAILABLE, 1-866-745-4621.
The ultimate energy solution!
Organic, sun-dried, and ethically farmed
The Ultimate line is about improving lives, one body at a time, by correcting and maintaining metabolism and hormone balance as well as providing stress and immune support. Effective nutrient supplementation can often be the missing piece to optimal health. Our supplements are carefully formulated to provide the Ultimate in abundant energy, metabolism, health, and longevity.
Ultimate Maca Energy is a sun-dried and ethically farmed source of organic gelatinized maca. This 6:1 maca concentrate provides a source of antioxidants and helps support healthy mood balance during menopause. It is the ultimate formula for men and women who want to support the emotional aspects of sexual health.
- Provides a source of antioxidants
- Helps support healthy mood balance during menopause
- Helps support emotional aspects of sexual health in men and women
- Ethically farmed and sun dried maca concentrate
- Organic, non-GMO, and vegan
- Formulated for both men and women
Research The mental and physical demands of everyday life can take their toll, impacting energy levels, mood, and sexual health. Maca is an adaptogenic herb that has been used for thousands of years throughout the Andean mountains to improve the body’s resistance to mental and physical stress. (1) Historically, maca has been used to address conditions related to low energy, vitality, fertility, and libido; however, evidence from clinical studies has focused on using maca to support healthy mood balance during menopause and improve the emotional aspects of sexual health. (2)
While the underlying mechanisms behind maca’s effectiveness are still somewhat unclear, its dense nutritional profile, including substantial levels of protein, essential amino acids, free fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins, plays an important role. (1) Maca is also a potent source of antioxidants. Laboratory studies have shown that maca’s ability to scavenge free radicals and protect cells from oxidative stress is due to its alkaloid and phenol content. (3)
Maca can be used as a non-hormonal plant-based remedy to address healthy mood balance during menopause. Although it does not contain estrogenic or androgenic compounds, it helps tone hormonal processes by acting on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands. (4) Clinical studies show that maca helps balance levels of estrogen, follicle-stimulating hormones, progesterone, and adrenocorticotropic hormone. (4, 5) It also helps ease symptoms of menopause, including mood changes. A doubleblind, placebo-controlled trial found that early postmenopausal women who were supplemented with 1 g of maca twice per day for two months experienced significant relief from menopausal discomforts, including nervousness, irritability, and depression. (4) Similar results were also achieved with women during perimenopause, the transitional stage to full menopause. (5)
Emotional imbalances that occur during menopause can also impact sexual health. The incidence of sexual dysfunction becomes more prevalent as women progress through menopausal to postmenopausal stages. (6) A small placebo-controlled trial found that a 3.5 g per day dose of maca powder for six weeks helped postmenopausal women reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression while also reducing measures of sexual dysfunction by 23% below baseline. (6)
Sexual dysfunction is not only a concern for menopausal women but has also been shown to occur in up to 30% of adult men and 45% of adult women. (2) This can have a negative impact on mood and well-being. Both men and women can use maca to support the emotional aspects of sexual health.
In a 12-week placebo-controlled trial, men ages 21–56 were supplemented with either 1.5 g or 3 g of maca per day. After eight weeks of supplementation, the men’s self-perception of sexual desire was found to improve significantly and independently of their hormone levels. (7) Additionally, a placebo-controlled study discovered that male cyclists who took 2 g of maca per day for two weeks experienced increased feelings of sexual desire compared to baseline and placebo. (8)
Health Canada considers maca safe when taken in doses up to 3 g daily for three months. (9) Ultimate Maca Energy provides an effective dose within this range for men and women interested in taking a plant-based approach to healthy sexual function and mood balance.
The way that maca is grown, harvested, and prepared affects its quality and biological activity. (1) Using organic maca that is ethically farmed supports indigenous farmers, as well as traditional and more environmentally sustainable farming practices. Sun drying removes the water content without altering the integrity of maca’s bioactive components. Clinical studies often use the gelatinized form of maca because the starch components are broken down, making it easier to digest and more bioavailable. (1)
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
Organic Gelatinized Maca Concentrate (6:1) (Lepidium meyenii) (root and hypocotyl) 750 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.
Recommended adult dose: 4 capsules daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 3 months.
Cautions: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are taking antidepressants, blood thinners, or if you have high blood pressure. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you suffer from any psychological disorder and/or condition such as frequent anxiety or depression. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains no artificial preservatives, colours, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
ULTIMATE MALE LINE
1. Gonzales, G.F. (2012). Ethnobiology and ethnopharmacology of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a plant from the Peruvian Highlands. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal, 193496.
2. Shin, B.C., Lee, M.S., Yang, E.J., et al. (2010). Maca (L. meyenii) for improving sexual function: a systematic review. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 10(44), 1-6.
3. Gan, J., Feng, Y., He, Z., et al. (2017). Correlations between antioxidant activity and alkaloids and phenols of maca (Lepidium meyenii). Journal of Food Quality, 3185945, 1-10.
4. Meissner, H.O., Mscisz, A., Reich-Bilinska, H., et al. (2006). Hormone-balancing effect of pre-gelatinized organic maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (III) Clinical responses of early-postmenopausal women to Maca in double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover configuration, outpatient study. International Journal of Biomedical Science, 2(4), 375-394.
5. Meissner, H.O., Reich-Bilinska, H., Mscisz, A., et al. (2006). Therapeutic effects of pre-gelatinized maca (Lepidium Peruvianum Chacon) used as a non-hormonal alternative to HRT in perimenopausal women – clinical pilot study. International Journal of Biomedical Science, 2(2), 143-159.
6. Brooks, N.A., Wilcox, G., Walker, K.Z., et al. (2008). Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause, 15(6), 1157-1162.
7. Gonzales, G.F., Córdova, A., Vega, K., et al. (2002). Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men. Andrologia, 34(6), 367-372.
8. Stone, M., Ibarra, A., Roller, M., et al. (2009). A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. Ethnopharmacology, 126(3), 574-576.
9. Health Canada (2018). Maca – Lepidium Meyenii. Single Ingredient Monographs. Retrieved from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/atReq.do?atid=maca. lepidium.meyenii&lang=eng