DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Suggested Use: Apply directly to the skin and rub into muscles.
Shower or wipe away excess after 20 – 30 minutes, to allow time for the magnesium to fully absorb.
Cautions and Warnings: For external use only. Keep away from the eyes.
Ingredients: Each 1ml of gel contains 225mg of magnesium chloride, equivalent to 60mg of elemental magnesium.
Non-medicinal ingredients: AmigelTM, a 100% natural gelling and stabilizing polysaccharide agent (no petroleum).
Contains no fragrance.
Can you really absorb magnesium through the skin? Consider the evidence from clinical studies:
- A transdermal magnesium oil with a 31% magnesium concentration applied to the skin and via a foot bath was found to increase cellular magnesium concentration by 59.7% in 89% of study participants, measured through hair analysis1
- In a two-week pilot study, blood serum and urinary magnesium concentration significantly increased in a subgroup of non-athletes following the low-dose application of 56 mg of transdermal magnesium cream per day2
- Intracellular magnesium concentration significantly increased following the application of a transdermal magnesium chlorate spray to the skin for 4 months, measured by epithelial cell and blood serum analysis3
1. Watkins K, Josling PD. A pilot study to determine the impact of transdermal magnesium treatment on serum levels and whole body CaMg ratios. The Nutrition Practioner. 2010;14:1-7. [Magnesium Health Institute PDF]
2. Lindsy Kass, Andrea Rosanoff, Amy Tanner, Keith Sullivan, William McAuley, Michael Plesset. Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study. PLoS One. 2017;12(4):e0174817. [PubMed]
3. Fabio Piccini, Guglielmo Ragazzoni, Laura Valentini, Emanuela Faloia, Pietro Gobbi. Intracellular absorption of transdermal magnesium demonstrated by ESEM-EDS. Italian Journal of Anatomy and Embryology. 2014;119(1):1. [IJAE]
Health Canada Natural Product Licence Number: 80033746