Red Star® primary-grown nutritional yeast is an excellent source of protein, containing an average of 50% protein by weight. Its amino acid profile is complementary to that of grains and legumes such as corn, wheat and soy. In addition, Red Star Nutritional Yeast is a rich source of dietary fiber and contains a wealth of vitamins and minerals, particularly the B vitamins. And since RED STAR Nutritional Yeast tastes great, you’ll enjoy adding it to your favorite meals, drinks and snacks.
In addition, Red Star Nutritional Yeast contains other beneficial components, such as beta-1,3 glucan and mannan, complex carbohydrates known to improve the immune response and help maintain cholesterol levels that are already within a healthy range; trehalose, a disaccharide that helps maintain the health of brain cells; and glutathione, an antioxidant that plays an important role in cellular defense mechanisms.* Red Star Nutritional Yeast contains approximately 2.5 mg. of glutathione per gram of yeast.
Nutritional yeast is a “perfect food,” packed with nutrition, yet naturally low in fat and salt. Red Star Nutritional Yeast contains no added preservatives, flavors or colors and is naturally gluten-free.
- A “super” food, providing nutrition and enhancing flavor in your favorite meals, drinks and snacks
- An excellent source of protein, containing essential and non-essential amino acids
- Rich in B-complex vitamins, which are important for energy production
- A natural source of additional beneficial components, such as beta-1,3 glucan and mannan, trehalose and glutathione
- Naturally low in fat and salt, with no added preservatives, flavors or colors
- Kosher certified (excluding Passover)
- Naturally gluten-free