Chia Seeds - Black, Organic
Gluten-free and highest content of Omega 3 in the world, this superfood is taking the country by storm. Our chia seeds contain typically 30% protein, 30% fiber, mostly soluble, and high free radical fighting antioxidants. This nutrient packed seed is so rich in nutrients it actually de-thrones flax seeds from its magnified status. Rich in calcium, chia seeds will help you feel full longer, build bones, stimulate the immune system and help lower blood sugar levels in the blood.
Ancient superfood of the Aztecs, chia’s important source of amino acids are an excellent addition to raw and vegetarian diets.
Two tablespoons are all you need to get your daily dose of Omega 3s!
Nutrition & Benefits
- 2 tbsps = 100% of your daily requirement of Omega 3’s
- Best vegetable source of Omega 3 in the world
- Highest content of alpha-linoleic acid known to man
- Higher concentration of protein, lipids, energy, fiber and fewer calories than rice, barley, oat, wheat and corn. The chia seed helps increase physical resistance
- Low in sodium, chia helps reduce cardiovascular disease
- Rich in fibre, chia seeds help regulate the digestive track and provides a prolonged sensation of satiation
- Helps realign Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio
- Glycemic regulator, chia reduce sugar absorption in the blood
The Chia seed also known as Salva hispanica, comes from the Salvia plan and is of the same family as mint (Lamiaceae). Chia is originally from Mexico's central valleys. Cultivated by the Aztecs and Mayans long ago, the chia seed was an integral part of their daily diet.
Chia, signifying "Strength" in Mayan, was once used in religious ceremonies and eaten before intense activities. The Aztecs believed it gave them mystical, almost supernatural energy and power.
It is not necessary to grind the chia seeds to enjoy its benefits. It is recommended that you chew your food thoroughly to break down its nutrients.
It is incredibly easy to eat the chia seed! Combined with smoothies, cereal and yogourt, chia seed’s soaking action enables it to produce chlorophyll and thus providing a higher nutrient content. Liquids also enable the seed to bind all the ingredients together.
Try it in salad dressings, muffins, soups, salads, sauces and so much more. The taste of chia seed is very light so you can incorporate it into your meals without altering the taste of your dish.
Excellent tickening agent, chia seeds are excellent when added to your soups, pie crusts and breads.
This product is:
Organic Raw Kosher Gluten Free