Mumm's Organic Sprouting Seeds - Wheat Berries for Wheatgrass
We love wheatgrass! Use for wheatgrass, sprouted wheat bread, milling, or short sprouts. Commercial wheatgrass growers usually prefer this wheat, since it may grow faster than hard red winter wheat.
- Days to Sprout Sprout 2-3. Grass 8 - 10
- Soak Time 4-8 hours
- Yield Yield- sprouts 1/2 cup of dry seed yields 2 cups of sprouted wheat. Yield- grass 1 lb. is approx. 2.5 cups of wheat seed 1.5 cups wheat (approx.) for one 11 x 21 tray of grass 0.5 cups wheat (approx.) for large SproutMaster (10 x 8) of grass Sproutmaster yields approx. 2-6 oz. of juice (depends on height of grass, juicer used, density of grass)
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last almost indefinitely.
Wheat, sprouted- A good source of protein, vitamins C and B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and amino acids. Wheat grass- Chlorophyll, Vitamins A, B, C, & E; minerals.
DID YOU KNOW
Some Benefits of Grass Substantiated by Research: Repairs DNA Enhances Immunity Stops Free-Radicals Inhibits Carcinogens Increases Longevity Helps Skin Disease Reduces Cholesterol Prevents Inflammation Promotes Cellular Rejuvenation Enhances Stamina & Endurance Neutralizes Pesticides Provides Antioxidants Source: Wheatgrass: Nature's Finest Medicine, Steve Meyerowitz, Rev. Ed. 2006, p. 60.
TO GROW WHEAT GRASS Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes. Soak about 6 hours. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days
- Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes.
- Soak 1 to 2 layers of seed for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain well. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days. (You may harvest them earlier since the stems can become fibrous if grown too long.)
- Cut off shoot and use.
- SOAK - Put 3 to 5 Tbsp seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with screen lid. Add water, swirl and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak about 6 hours.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to use 2 - 3 days. Refrigerate to store.