Mumm's Organic Sprouting Seeds - Spicy Lentil Crunch
An easy 5-day sprout. Mix of lentils, radish, alfalfa, red clover, mustard. Our first mix and still a favourite.
- Days to Sprout 4 to 5
- Soak Time 4-6 hours
- Yield 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 2-3 cups of sprouts.
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
Lentils- An excellent source of folate and manganese, and a good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Red Clover- Vitamins A, B, C, E, & K; rich in minerals and trace elements.
Alfalfa- Rich in vitamins C and B6, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, protein, thiamin, pantothenic acid, calcium, and iron.
Radish- Great protein source and very good source of vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Black Mustard- Vitamins A & C, minerals.
Easy sprouting directions (jar method):
- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 to 6 hours. Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 3 to 4 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
Easy sprouting directions (tray method):
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of water and soak for 4 to 6 hours. (Alternatively, once you've measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with water, and soak for 4 to 6 hours.) Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 3 to 4 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)