Mumm's Organic Sprouting Seeds - Mung Beans
Use to grow delicious Chinese bean sprouts or as a short sprout. Should be grown in the dark to prevent bitterness.
- Days to Sprout Sprouts 2-3; Shoots 6-7
- Soak Time 6-8 hours
- Yield 1/2 cup of dry seed yeilds 2.5 cups of sprouts
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
DID YOU KNOW
Chinese physicians knew about mung bean sprouts and were prescribing them for the healing of many disorders over 5,000 years ago.
- Grow mung bean sprouts in the dark - light causes bitterness.
- Soak - Put 3 - 5 Tbsp seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh + secure with a rubber band. Add water, swirl + drain. Add 1 cup warm (30C) water & soak for 4 - 8 hrs. Drain.
- Rinse - 2 to 4 times a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl + drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a bowl or sink. Mung bean sprouts do b/best with lots of rinsing - 3 to 4 times a day if possible.
- Enjoy - Ready to eat in 2 to 5 days. Refrigerate to store.
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of warm water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. (Alternatively, once you've measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with warm water, and soak for 4 to 8 hours.) Drain well.
- RINSE - 2-4 times a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well. Mung bean sprouts do b/best with lots of rinsing - 3 to 4 times a day if possible.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 4-6 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store b/best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)