Mumm's Organic Sprouting Seeds - Broccoli Brassica Blend
Broccoli Brassica Blend contains Broccoli, Broccoli Raab, Radish, Mustard, Arugula.
- Days to Sprout Sprout- 4-5, Microgreen- 8-12
- Soak Time 2-3 hours
- Yield 1 Tbsp of dry seed yields 3-4 cups of sprouts 1 Tbs of dry seeds yields 4-5 cups of microgreens
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
DID YOU KNOW
We named this mixture after Brassica (brÃ¡s-si-ca), the genus of plants in the mustard family to which the seeds in this mix belong. Brassica vegetables are rich in indole-3-carbionl, a chemical which boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells. They are also a good source of carotenoids, with broccoli having especially high levels. Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley have recently discovered that 3,3'-diindolylmethane in Brassica vegetables is a potent modulator of the innate immune response system with potent antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer activity. Source- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassica
Easy Sprouting Directions (Jar Method):
- SOAK - Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Soaking longer than 3 hours may cause seeds from the brassica family to loose germination.) Drain.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready in 4-5 days. Refrigerate to store.