Mumm's Organic Sprouting Seeds - Broccoli
- Days to Sprout Sprout- 4-5, Microgreen- 10-14
- Soak Time 2-3 hours
- Yield 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 1 cup of sprouts.
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
Rich in vitamins K, C, B6, and E, folate, dietary fiber phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Broccoli sprouts contain high levels of the cellular detoxifier sulforaphane, which may help to prevent unwanted cell proliferation and rejuvenate the immune system.
DID YOU KNOW
Eating a daily portion of broccoli sprouts could help tame the H pylori bacteria, linked to stomach ulcers, new research suggests. Read more in the BBC News article. New broccoli sprout study shows benefits carry into the offspring's adulthood. Eating broccoli sprouts during pregnancy may provide your kids with life-long protection against cardiovascular disease, according to a research team led by Bernhard Juurlink at the University of Saskatchewan.
- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Soaking broccoli for longer than 3 hours can cause it to loose germination.) Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain very well by tapping and banging. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 4 to 5 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Alternatively, once you've measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with water, and soak for 2-3 hours.) Broccoli may loose its germination if soaked for longer than 3 hours Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 4 or 5 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)