Ester-C® Kids' 250 mg Chewable
Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums. An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients. Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it but the human system evolved without this ability, so we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage, and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine. Vitamin C is best known for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function. It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen, the building block of many tissues, and an important factor in the development of bones, teeth and cartilage. Vitamin C also helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby alleviating allergy symptoms. There are numerous forms of vitamin C with ascorbic acid being the most basic. People wanting a clinically proven form that is easier on the system than ascorbic acid should choose a form like Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate.
- Ester-C® is a unique, patented form of calcium ascorbate, which is made when ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C) is buffered with calcium using a water-based process
- The calcium in Ester-C® provides part of your daily calcium requirements
- Ester-C® contains active vitamin C metabolites including L-threonate, which enhance cellular absorption and retention
- Ester-C® is the only form of vitamin C that has been proven to last up to 24 hours in the white blood cells of the immune system
- Less acidic and easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid
- Ester-C® has a clinically proven higher bioavailability and retention rate than other forms of vitamin C
- Available in two natural flavours: orange and wildberry
- Chewable, star-shaped, happy-face tablets
- All-natural flavours and sweeteners
- Suitable for vegans
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved
IngredientsEach tablet contains:
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)...250 mg
from Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate
Non-medicinal ingredients: stevia leaf powder, dextrose, fructose, citric acid, silicon dioxide, guar gum, strearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), natural flavours. Orange flavour had turmeric extract and beet root powder for colour.
Contains no dairy, gluten, peanuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or preservatives.
Children over 5: Chew 1-2 tablets daily or as recommended by a health care practitioner.
Adult dosage: Chew 2-6 tablets daily or as recommended by a health care practitioner.