Ester-C® 500 mg Chewable
Vitamin C is a factor in the maintenance of good health, wound healing and in the normal development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients. Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it but the human system evolved without this ability so we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage, and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine. Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, older people and those with chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, age-related eye disease, and certain cancers. Vitamin C is best known for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function. It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen, a building block of many tissues and a crucial component in skin rejuvenation. Vitamin C also helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby alleviating allergy symptoms. There are numerous forms of vitamin C with ascorbic acid being the most basic. People wanting a clinically proven form that is easier on the system than ascorbic acid may choose a form like Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate.
- Ester-C® is a unique, patented form of calcium ascorbate, which is made when ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C) is buffered with calcium using a water-based process
- The calcium in Ester-C® provides part of your daily calcium requirements
- Ester-C® contains active vitamin C metabolites including L-threonate, which enhance cellular absorption and retention
- Ester-C® is the only form of vitamin C that has been proven to last up to 24 hours in the white blood cells of the immune system
- Less acidic and easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid
- Ester-C® has a clinically proven higher bioavailability and retention rate than other forms of vitamin C
- Available in three natural flavours: orange, wildberry, and citrus punch
- High-potency chewable tablets for those wanting to supply their vitamin needs with fewer pills
- All natural flavours and sweeteners
- Suitable for vegans
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved
IngredientsEach tablet contains:
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)...500 mg
from Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate
Non-medicinal ingredients: stevia, dextrose, fructose, citric acid, guar gum, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), silicon dioxide, natural flavours. Orange flavour contains turmeric & beetroot extract for colour.
Contains no dairy, peanuts, wheat, gluten, soy or preservatives.
Adult dosage: Chew 1 to 3 tablets daily or as recommended by a health care practitioner.Children over 5: Chew 1 tablet daily or as recommended by a health care practitioner.