Norwegian Gold Kids DHA - 2 SIZES
Norwegian Gold Kids DHA is formulated to supply the Omega 3 fatty acids DHA and EPA which are often deficient in the Canadian diet of children. They help to support cognitive health and brain function, as well as support development of the brain, eyes, and nerves in children up to 12 years of age. Norwegian Gold Kids DHA also includes Vitamin D which helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth.
Norwegian Gold Kids DHA contains the Omega 3 fatty acids DHA & EPA from cold water fish, which are essential fatty acids (EFA’s). The body cannot produce these EFA's, so they must be ingested from food sources such as cold water fish, raw nuts and seeds. The Canadian diet is often deficient in EFA's, so it is vital for your child’s health to ensure adequate intake through supplementation. EFA's have many functions within the body:
- EFA's are a component of every cell wall in the body. By taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA, it ensures that your children have the necessary 'pieces' to build new, healthy cells.
- EFA's affect hormone and prostaglandin levels, therefore taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can help with inflammation. This is one of the reasons taking Omega 3 is helpful for children with asthma, as well as Omega 3’s helping to boost the immune system.
- EFA's help to lubricate the skin, taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can lead to softer and healthier skin.
- EFA's also help with lubricating the 'internal skin' in the colon. Taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can lead to an increased number of bowel movements, which is a vital part of ensuring proper elimination.
- EPA & DHA have important biological functions in the central nervous system; DHA is a major structural component of neuronal membranes, while EPA has important physiological functions that can affect neuronal activity. Taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can be helpful for mental health, including childhood depression.
Directions for Use
Ages 1+: Chew or swallow 2 soft-gels daily before breakfast. The chewable soft-gel capsules may be swallowed whole, chewed until it dissolves or spit out after it has been chewed and the liquid has been consumed.
Ingredients Each soft gel contains
- EFAs derived from 250 mg of cold water fish oil (from tuna sources)
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids (from fish oils) 125mg
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 100mg
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 25mg
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 9.4mcg / 375 IU
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin (from Non-GMO Lecithin), Natural Flavours (lemonade, fruit punch), Water, Non-GMO Potato Starch, Astaxanthin, Mixed Vitamin E Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Stevia Extract, Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate
Contains no: PCBs, pesticides, heavy metals, dioxins, gluten, yeast, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, nuts, wheat, corn, rye, or artificial preservatives.
Keep out of reach of children.